Youth Program Links and Information
The USA Softball youth program, also known as the Junior Olympic (JO) program, is among the nation's largest youth sports organization.
The USA Softball youth program provides recreational and competitive opportunities for boys and girls in both fast and slow pitch. Whether a player views softball as a new sport to learn, as a way to have fun with friends, or as a path to the Olympics, the USA Softball youth program has something for them. Foremost, the goal of the USA Softball youth program is to help aspiring young softball athletes learn a sport they can enjoy for a lifetime in a positive, safe, and supportive environment.
Instructions- How to Register a Team or League USA Softball
ENTITLES TEAMS TO:
1. Official USA Softball Guide and Rule Book
2. Official USA Softball Score Book
3. Subscription to Balls & Strikes Softball
(the official publication of the USA Softball, to the team manager)
4. Assistance from the USA Softball of Metro Detroit tournament coordinator
5. Opportunity to purchase team accident and liability insurance
6. Official USA Softball team identification card
7. Opportunity for registered teams to enter metro tournament play (regardless of won-lost record)
8. Metro, Regional and National tournaments for boys and girls
(10 & under, 12 & under, 14 & under, 16 & under, and 18 & under in both fast pitch and slow pitch)
9. Opportunity to purchase discount tickets for amusement parks AND MUCH, MUCH MORE !!! DON’T DELAY……………….REGISTER TODAY
To individual register your team members or to proceed to a coaches training program or background check, please go to www.registerusasoftball.com. See the attached instructions on this page for a walk-through instruction guide.
If you are a league administrator and will be registering multiple teams, please use this spreadsheet. CLICK HERE.
Team and Individual Registration
Click the above link to get the details of the individual, team and League registration programs required by USA Softball for championship play. If you have any other questions, please email Denny Troshak.
For teams who will be attending local, state and National Championship tournaments. Please download this information to prepare yourself for tournament play.